Position Title: Project Manager
Location: Greenbelt and Silver Spring, MD
Technology Project Managers, Inc (TPM) brings a team of seasoned Project Managers, Project Schedulers, Risk Managers and Engineers with a proven history of delivering high-performance systems engineering, integration and aerospace operations services to civil and defense agencies. TPM provides these services throughout all phases of the program life cycle and across the entire space systems architecture, including space and ground assets.
The Project Manager interfaces with engineers, program managers, and program controls analysts. Project Manager will keep the task status keeping program management and deliverable management updated on project schedules, monthly estimates-to- complete, and completion of required performance reports. Other responsibilities will be to coordinate planning, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
- Must possess a strong background working with multiple contract types: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Price Incentive (FPI), Fixed Price Level of Effort (FPLOE), Time and Materials (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), and hybrid contracts.
- Project management or project control experience working with Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS), Control Accounts, Basis of Estimates (BOEs), Integrated Master Schedules (IMSs), cost accounting and financial management systems, work authorizations, process management systems, and/or reporting.
- Proficient with Earned Value Management fundamentals, risk management, procurement process, project controls, validation, planning and scheduling development and their application.
- The preferred candidate will have basic knowledge of the Systems Engineering approach to design, development, integration, and product support.
- Proven ability to handle integration and analysis of multiple project schedules.
- Ability to develop and maintain integrated master schedule, detailed project schedules, ensure adherence to quality standards and maintain project control policies and procedures.
- Experience in the identification, monitoring and reporting of project risks.
- Five to ten years of experience providing program management, project management, systems engineering and technical direction to multiple complex programs to program personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Accounting, or other related discipline may be substituted for three years’ experience. MBA or Master’s Degree in Engineering is a plus.
- Experience applying the systems framework on aerospace projects.
- Must be familiar with the principles of exercising independent judgment, as well as a high level of analytical skill, in solving complex and unusual technical, administrative, and managerial problems.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- NASA, NOAA or Aerospace experience a plus.
- Ability to document business requirements.
- Proficient in COBRA, MS Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Primavera, Deltek MPM, MPM Data Warehouse, Cost Point, Sequel Visual Basic, Agile and EVMP.
- Certification in PMP or CAPM.
- Well organized and an excellent multi-tasker.
As a growing engineering company, Technology Project Managers is developing a team of engineers and program management professionals to work with its client partners to bring proven performance to our customer’s toughest challenges. Join us at Technology Project Managers, where we are engineering a better tomorrow.
Technology Project Managers is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Please submit our application (download here), your relevant resume and brief cover letter referencing the position to: email@example.com. No phone calls accepted.