Position Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Greenbelt, MD and Silver Spring, MD
Technology Project Managers, Inc. (TPM) is currently seeking a Systems Engineer. TPM provides engineering expertise that includes system definition, requirements development, integration, testing, commissioning and maintenance.
TPM brings a team of seasoned Engineers with a proven history of delivering high-performance systems engineering, integration and aerospace operations services to civil and defense agencies. TPM provides these services throughout all phases of the program life cycle and across the entire space systems architecture, including space and ground assets.
The System Engineer leads the development, implementation, and management of best practices in enterprise systems engineering processes. Key artifacts to develop and implement include, but are not limited to: Systems Engineering Plan, Requirements Management Plan, Configuration Management Plan, Life Cycle Management Plan, Test and Evaluation Management Plan. The engineer will interact frequently with other requirements analysts, system engineers, testers, and Program Managers of project teams.
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications and project plan. Analyze system requirements (HW and SW) and leads design and development activities. Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s).
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable.
- Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan.
- Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Systems Engineer with large multi-tiered programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management
- NASA, NOAA, Air Force or Aerospace experience.
- Demonstrated experience using all MS Office products, including MS Project and Visio.
- Ability to travel as required.
- ·Good written and verbal communication skills
As a growing engineering company, Technology Project Managers is developing a team of engineers and program management professionals to work with its client partners to bring proven performance to our customer’s toughest challenges. Join us at Technology Project Managers, where we are engineering a better tomorrow.
Technology Project Managers is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Please submit our application (download here), your relevant resume and brief cover letter referencing the position to: email@example.com. No phone calls accepted.